What is the “Dizzy Pub Fare?”
The monthly vestibular abstract review identifies timely, emerging evidence within the clinical and scientific literature for rehabilitation providers and scientists interested in treating and investigating vestibular dysfunction and for those seeking to better understand clinical vestibular neurophysiology. Topic areas of emphasis include: vestibular rehabilitation, basic science- vestibular, pathology- vestibular, select authors- vestibular and clinical assessment- vestibular. Queried sources are representative of a broad cross-section of disciplines including professional journals from: ENT, Physical Therapy, Audiology, Rehabilitation medicine, and Neuroscience communities accessed using PubMed (PubCrawler) and other search engines. Most citations are current within 30 days however; recent, high- impact manuscripts not previously highlighted in this list are also strongly considered for inclusion space permitting.
-Matthew R Scherer PT, PhD, NCS
Winter 2016/2017 DIZZY PUB FARE
1. Messina R, Rocca MA, Colombo B, Teggi R, Falini A, Comi G, Filippi M. Structural brain abnormalities in patients with vestibular migraine. J Neurol. 2016 Nov 25;. PMID: 27888414
2. Sürmeli M, Sürmeli R, Deveci İ, Önder S, Yalçın AD, Oysu Ç. Correlation between cVEMP and ABR for the Evaluation of Vestibular Migraine. J Int Adv Otol. 2016 Nov 23;. PMID: 27879227
3. Choi SY, Kim HJ, Kim JS. Chasing dizzy chimera: Diagnosis of combined peripheral and central vestibulopathy. J Neurol Sci. 2016 Dec 15;371:69-78. PMID: 27871453
4. Dumas G, Perrin P, Ouedraogo E, Schmerber S. How to perform the skull vibration-induced nystagmus test (SVINT). Eur Ann Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Dis. 2016 Nov;133(5):343-348. PMID: 27161530
5. Kahraman SS, Yildirim YS, Tugrul S, Ozturan O. Repositioning intervals in the modified Epley's maneuver and their effect on benign paroxysmal positional vertigo treatment outcome. Acta Otolaryngol. 2016 Nov 14;:1-5. PMID: 27841050
6. Shen Q, Magnani C, Sterkers O, Lamas G, Vidal PP, Sadoun J, Curthoys IS, de Waele C. Saccadic Velocity in the New Suppression Head Impulse Test: A New Indicator of Horizontal Vestibular Canal Paresis and of Vestibular Compensation. Front Neurol. 2016 Sep 23;7:160. PMID: 27721805
7. Dieterich M, Staab JP, Brandt T. Functional (psychogenic) dizziness. Handb Clin Neurol. 2017;139:447-468. PMID: 27719862
Click HERE for the Archived Dizzy Pub Fare List!